As you consider selling your home during the winter, it is important to evaluate what exactly that looks like to the seller. What are the benefits of listing your home in the wintertime? Let’s examine the main reasons we recommend going ahead and putting your home on the market.
Selling Your Home This Winter
If you are trying to sell your home this winter, you have probably already done enough research to know that more often than not, agents don’t recommend that you sell during the holiday season. However, buying a home in the wintertime has become more popular over the last couple of years as home sales increase across all seasons.
In the house-hunters mind, winter ranges roughly from December 1st through February 28th. This span of time includes several holidays and rough weather that typically means people are staying warm inside their homes instead of traveling. However, this also means that people have more free time to look for a new home.
What does it look like to sell in the winter?
Because the housing marketing has been increasing over the years, it has created more buyers for every season. Consumers are ready to shop for a home no matter what month it is, and this news is great for people looking to sell their home. One thing to note about selling during this time though is that homes sit on the market for roughly five or more days longer than they would if they were listed during a different season. You’ll have to be more patient with your home listing.
What are the benefits of selling during this time?
1. Driven Buyers: Buyers looking for a home during this season are most definitely motivated to find a home that they will love. They may be looking to purchase a home for financial reasons, relocation, or to be closer to their family needs. No matter the reason, they will be eager to shop the winter market.
2. Competition is lowered: Typically, because there are fewer homes listed over this season, the competition for home selling is lowered by quite a bit. The inventory is low, so there is a higher chance that buyers will choose your home.
3. People have the time to shop: People have time over winter break because of all the holidays and winter weather. This makes it the perfect time to go house-hunting.
4. You’ll Have Your Agent’s Undivided Attention: One of the benefits of selling during this season is that there aren’t as many homes on the market. This means that your agent won’t be as busy and will be able to give your home the one-on-one attention it deserves. The same applies to the buyer’s agent— they will have more time to schedule showings and help make home offers.
5. Tax benefits: Buyers looking to purchase a house before January for tax reasons will find that December is the perfect time to buy.
Contact Charles Burt
Ready to get your home on the market? Charles Burt would love to help. Contact our real estate agency service at CharlesBurt.com for more information about listing your home on the Missouri housing market.