Selling a house is a massive project with many steps from start to finish. Homeowners have to contemplate when it’s the right time to put their home on the market, and real estate agents have to figure out the best features of the house.
People put so much thought into selling their home, it’s easy to forget the little things that make the most difference. The first thing anyone involved in the home selling process should think about is the curb appeal of a property. It’s what catches someone’s eye and invites them to tour the house, so it can make or break how long a home is on the market.
Read on to learn about the importance of curb appeal to selling a house. Once you’ve considered and tweaked these features on your property, you’ll find success and move onto whatever life has in store for you.
Curb Appeal Checklist
Inspect the outside ground. Remove any building materials, scrap wood, discarded household items, etc. from the property. Store garbage cans in the garage.
Check the home from the roof line down.
Is the roof free and clear from obstructions and moss?
- Are the gutters clear and neatly hung?
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Are bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned?
Inspect the condition of the paint or siding?
- Is it time to power wash the siding?
- Is touch up paint needed?
- Is the front door in good shape?
Do flower beds need an upgrade?
- Are plants neatly pruned?
- Is the bed free and clear of weeds?
- Is the bed properly mulched?
- Are flowers in bloom?
Keep the lawn neatly groomed.
- Is the lawn free from weeds?
- Is the lawn free from grass clippings?
- Is the lawn neatly edged?
Charles Burt Realtors is your local real estate agency. We live and work in the areas we serve.
Planning to sell your house is a major decision and no matter how nice your property may be, a house won’t necessarily sell itself! The person you choose makes or breaks your selling experience. Contact our realtors in Joplin, Carthage, and Neosho MO to begin selling your home today!