Selling your home can be a daunting and overwhelming process. Here at Charles Burt we have a dedicated team that can make this transition easy! Selling your home in the winter can be great for you and your potential buyers – making it a win/win deal. Read on to learn more about what the selling process looks like during the winter months.
Sell Your Home This Winter
If you are wanting to sell your home this winter – you have probably already done some research. You’ve read realty sources online that tell you to wait until the spring to sell, but this logic is based on how the housing market was 10-15 years ago. Things have changed, and buying a home in the wintertime has become more popular over the last several years. This is because home sales have seen an increased price across all seasons.
This span of time includes several holidays, and colder weather which typically means people are staying warm inside their homes instead of traveling. However, this also means that people have more free time to look for a new home!
Larger Housing Market = More Buyers
The housing market and price increases have created more buyers for every season. People have realized the importance of owning their own property, and this can be seen through the increased demand over the winter months. Consumers are ready to shop for a home no matter what month it is, or how cold it is, and this news is great for people like you trying to sell your home.
Even though there is an increased demand for homeownership- homes tend to sit on the market for roughly five or more days longer than they would if they were listed during a warmer season. You’ll have to be more patient with your home listing- but wintertime is still great for selling your home.
5 Reasons to Sell
1. Serious Buyers: Buyers looking for a home during the holiday season are motivated to find a home that they will love. They may be looking to purchase a home for financial reasons, relocation, or to be closer to their family needs. No matter the personal reason, these buyers are serious.
2. Less Competition: The inventory is lower during the winter season- which means there are more chances someone will choose your listing!
3. More Free Time: Folks have more free time over winter break than at any other time of the year. This makes it the perfect time for potential buyers to go house-hunting.
4. Focused Realtor and Buyer’s Agent: One of the benefits of selling during the winter season is that there aren’t as many homes listed. The colder weather means that your agent won’t be as busy, and will be able to give your listing their full attention. The same applies to the buyer’s agent – they will have more time to schedule showings and help make home offers.
5. Tax benefits: Buyers looking to purchase a house before January for tax reasons will find that December is the perfect time to buy!
Contact Charles Burt
Ready to get your home on the market? Charles Burt would love to help. Contact our real estate agency service at CharlesBurt.com for more information about listing your home on the Missouri housing market.